Wednesday, September 15

Day Five

Today ought to be an easier day. The weather is mild (about 60 F, low winds, partly cloudy skies) but I have learned how fickle is the Highlands weather.

I think we all need a easier recovery day. Me most of all, what with my cut knee and many bruises, but also Bolly, who caught a cold, and half the others, who complain of fatigue. The two strongest riders, Toto and Shell, still apear to be in prime condition.

The route today winds down the great lochs: Loch Ness, Loch Loche, and Loch . There are many locks (areas where they pump in or out water to raise or lower boats as water levels change) on the lochs.

We have about 55 km to go on (allegedly) un-technical fire roads. We're making a late start due to several technical problems with the bikes. Hopefully we'll be on the road by 10:30.

I had hoped that we'd leave earlier as I've heard that tonight's destination, Ft. William, is a fun place to hang out and shop. There's still a chance we'll get there in good time - and hopefully without any wicked weather!
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment