Tuesday, September 21

Wrap Up 1: injuries

I went to the Chiro (Hyde Park Chiropractic) today for a little rehabilitation. The trip - or should I say the falls - was a bit rough on my body, but I have only a few minor injuries.

I bruised my ribs, skinned my knee, bruised my legs and got a sublaxation in my neck. Dr. Balen. popped my neck back into place and told me to expect a complete recovery in two weeks. Then I'll return for a back alighnment adjustment. Not bad after 410 km of Highlands mountain biking!
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

2 comments:

  1. Hey SFLK, hope you're doing better since skimming your long blog. Seeking info on new wheels, I read on another blog you were displeased w/ your Stan's Alpha wheels and wondered if your opinion has changed at all? Would you at all recommending them for an everyday wheelset? I'm only 135 lbs and need a lightwgt wheel but am worried about hassles with flats while on group rides and taking lots of everyone else's time.... Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks! Pete Brennan
    j_p_brennan@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I returned the Alpha wheelset and would not recommend them for everyday riding. The issue is not higher risk of flats -- rather, tubeless wheel "should" get fewer flats than clinchers -- but the wheel itself did not stay true and its hub needed adjustment. Since you are <135 lbs you will have better luck keeping the wheelset true. However, IMHO, and after researching tubeless, etc., I decided to get the Zipp Firecrest 404 clincher wheelset. Aero is more important than lightweight, and the Zipps have been very durable so far. For an "everyday" wheelset, I have Velocity A23 rims laced to White Industries hubs. That set is a few hundred grams heaver than the Alpha Pro but they have been bulletproof. the wider profile rim gives better contact area of the tire to the ground, and the smooth hubs feel great.
    Best of luck with your wheel shopping,
    SFL

    ReplyDelete