Thursday, September 16

Day 6 Report

Today was fantastic!

We had a late start because the 10 am ferry was already loaded with bikes. Fortunately the ferrymen agreed to make a second trip to bring us across the loch.

The we rode on wide forest trails that kept us in constant view of Loch Sheil. We saw a rainbow along the route.

I wore my new thermal leggings and kept changing my clothes. I think that really helped me preserve my energy. Anyway I left great going into today's big climb. I managed to keep a strong pace for the full 300+ m climb over 3 km with a gradient of up to 20%.

We ended the day going through a farmer's road where we had to stop occasionally to shoo the cows off the track. I saw a shaggy cow called a Highlands Cow. Then we ended up at tonight's resting place in Strontontian. And here we are!
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment